Saturday, November 1, 2014

ARRIVED!!!!!

After:
15 hour flight back from Hong Kong (visiting 2 adorble grandsons....)
7 hours waiting in Ohare Airport
8 Hour flight to London
5 hour witing in Heathrow airport
8.5 hour flight to Entebbe, Uganda
1 hour waiting for taxi to jump start his car
3 hour car ride to Jinja.....Amani Baby Cottage

I AM HERE !!!!!!!!

And when I say, "I" , I mean, I in the singular form.  The last day for the volunteers that were here, was my first day. So I am the only volunteer here at the moment. So while they may be shorthanded for awhile, I am here and ready to serve in whatever way I can.  It was wonderful hugging the mamas again, and I was not forgotten by the children.

The good news is: 4 boys from my cottage last year, and William my homeschooled student ARE ALL VERY CLOSE  to leaving and being adopted.  In fact they are living off compound with at least one of their new parents until all the paper work is to be finished.

So what to do, what to do......to see them all together again.  THROW a pool party, of course!!!!  So ALL five families (including some of their new brothers ans sisters, moms and dads) met at the local pool I gave lessons at last year!!! So SO so fun to see all the boys SWIMMING happily together!

Monday I will start with the new crop of want-to-be swimmers! Until then, its playtime, diaper changing, storyreading, swing pushing awesomeness.

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful that you are there! Wishing terribly that I could be there as well. Give my love to everyone please?! I know the mamas will greatly appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete