Sunday, November 23, 2014

GRASSHOPPERS

     WELL, my son Will always tells me the culturally polite thing to do is eat whatever your host puts in front of you.  So while I will NEVER eat bat soup like he has, I actually did enjoy crunchy, salty GRASSHOPPERS.  It is the season for them here in Uganda. 
   
  It has been an awesome week FULL of rich experiences.  Take a peek....

     African Children dancers putting a special show on for me. They are saving for costumes,  but it was touching anyway.

     Wearing an African gomez, and gifting Mama Santa (yes that is her name) with one of my dresses that she kept admiring. We posed as TWINS.

     Spending lots of special time with my boys, playing, running and reading.

     Watching the bead making, and mat weaving process first hand. I will be bringing back many necklaces.  If you want to purchase some as Christmas gifts, I will be sending profits back to Amani. Contact me via email if interested. cathyschroeder47@hotmail.com
What a great way to gift with a purpose.
    
     I will enjoy these last 5 days at Amani to the fullest, and visit with the 4 last mamas.

     I may even eat GRASSHOPPERS again.  Lane, do you want me to bring some home for you to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment