Tuesday, November 25, 2014

INCREDIBLE

     I have had too many INCREDIBLE blessings and experiences this past month here in Uganda, to list.  But as I begin to wind down, say goodbyes and reflect....here are a few...

     Incredible that I get to look out my window each morning to see an amazing African  sunrise.

     Incredible that my masters in Special Education, came full circle. ....to start my day off with the happiest blessing, of singing...You are my sunshine....to Rukia each morning, as she always scoots to be in the doorway, in the sunshine.

     Incredible to think I have changed about 600 diapers, and that's just a drop in the bucket to how many are washed by hand by the mamas.

     Incredible that the newest, barely over 1 year old, boy in the cottage.....can drink hot porridge out of a cup, put his own plastic chair away, carry his wet diaper over to the pail, and do all his pooping in the potty chair, and attempt to help sweep.

     Incredible that a mama I visited for lunch lives in a mud hut that was nearly as muddy inside as outside, after a night of heavy rains.

     Incredible that although this IS the rainy season, and it has rained OFTEN and hard during MANY nights, it has only rained a few times, during the day.  And it has never rained while on a boda ride, and I've often been on 4 rides a day.  However, one time, we did have to delay an interview when the rain beat so hard on the leaky tin roof that we couldn't even hear ourselves until it subsided.

     Incredible,  but a bit like being in a zoo, to see little kids come running down the street to smile, and show off for a mzungu  (me)

     Incredible to know how many hours a mama puts into making a paper bead necklace,  that she sells for 1.60

     Incredible to have been blessed with amazing health this trip. Not a day I wasn't 110%, despite all the local food I delightfully ate. And from the below picture of fish for sale, it's practically a miracle.

     Incredible that the calendar says that I have been here a month, but it seems like a week.

1 comment: