Friday, November 7, 2014

SOMETIMES I NEED TO PINCH MYSELF

Sometimes I feel like I need to pinch myself because I cannot believe I am here in Uganda experiencing things that are so amazing.  BUT, since I discipline kids about 10 times a day....for pinching a brother or sister,  I will refrain from  pinching.

The outpouring of friendship of the mamas is incredible. (You don't suppose they are just addicted to my tootsie rolls, do you?) I passed around a calendar, and immediately,  it was filled in. Some for a meal, some for tea or a banana,  but whatever they serve me....it is extended with such humble pride and love.  I do not feel worthy of such an opportunity.  I don't know if I have ever felt this before. I keep asking myself.....how is it I GET to do this.??????

Ok, so besides spending every available free time talking/mostly listening to mamas, did I mention I  am a volunteer at Amani? Haha. I almost feel like the 8 hours I put in with the kids, is the part time job. The day FLIES by doing  1 on 1s , that include storytime, puzzle time, swimming, going for a walk and any other thing I think of on the spot. A highlight of the week was taking Michael,  a little boy with cerebral palsy, to the pool. He opened up like a flower in the water, and neither of us  EVER stopped smiling.

I am overwhelmed with thankfulness.

But keep up the prayers for the b o d a rides..........

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you for being able to go to a less fortunate country,being able to help plus while you are there spreading the word of our awesome LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.Our family has been praying for you for safe travels to and from there. You are such an awesome person,not to say above awesome grandmother. Take care and we will continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete