Thursday, November 27, 2014

I DID / I DID NOT

     I DID arrive safely to the Entebbe  airport ready to fly home.

     I DID NOT enjoy the harrowing 5 hour trip through Kampalas insane traffic. (It made the Dominican Republic look peaceful.)

     I DID see what seemed like millions of Ugandians..walking, carrying heavy loads, resting, eating, working, selling, going about daily
          life.

     I DID NOT see one single white person until we pulled into the airport.

     I DID spend my last morning reading, reading, reading to the kids .... especially Going on a Bear Hunt (to giggles and screams)

     I DID NOT like having to tell the children good bye.

     I DID enjoy the African dance and songs the mamas preformed for me .

     I DID NOT try to hold back tears.

     I DID tell each of the mamas thank you for giving their life journey a voice that I was blessed to hear.    

     I DID NOT expect them to beg me to come back to hear more.

     I DID visit 37 Ugandian homes.

     I DID NOT get to 4 of the mamas homes (because of lack of time. ...and they insist to be first if I ever return)

     I DID see a breathtaking sunset on the way to the airport.

     I DID NOT get to see the sun shining on beautiful Lake Victoria.

     I DID wake up feeling excited to come back home

     I DID NOT feel excited to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment