Wednesday, November 12, 2014

ONE MILLION

P     The last couple of days have been really great. First, I withdrew one million from my VISA card. Had never done that before.  Then I stepped on the scale and it said 63....haven't seen that number since 5th grade.

     I really stopped writing in my journal because all the days are blending together. Same, same.

     Preschool, LOVE being told what station to help out in....no planning..ahhhhh, preschool Mary does all the hard work, I just got to play with BLUE play dough  today.

Then I treated Cottage B to an ALL YOU CAN eat chapati FEST, (fried bread) down the road at a local kiosk.

Lunch  and interview at a mamas house, (cooked banana with gnut sauce). Went to the  pool with one Amani boy who had a 4th birthday today, so we also celebrated with cake, and 2 children who were previously adopted from Amani  but now their parents are long term volunteers.

     Ran around the court yard pretending be a bear chasing screaming kids, storytime,  58th time reading GOING ON A BE AR HUNT, then dinner, PJS, brush teeth (I should take a video of how cooperative the boys are.....although I suspect they just enjoy the toothpaste ), bible story and BED.

     Today's mamas parents were killed by the rebels when she was a baby, and she lived then with her grandmother until, she too, was killed. An orphan at 13.  But she says working here at Amani has been her strength, as she enjoys the other mamas and loves the children as her own.  Yesterday was lunch in a Muslim home, with the best lunch yet.  These cooked greens mixed with gnut sauce. I paid her to make me a batch to have here in the apartment.

     Oh the million is in shillings (10,000 equals 4 dollars....you do the math) and the scale was in kilo s, I'd rather you didn't do the math.)

No comments:

Post a Comment