Tuesday, October 15, 2013

HE REIGNS

     This is the second attempt at writing this post, so if the first draft mysteriously appears after all, I am sorry you are reading 2 versions of the same day.
     We woke up to it raining and storming, and that always makes squirrley kids, but it was a great day after the sun came out. We have been getting use to a schedual change, and there were a few days there I was feeling my age. But I think I am getting into the new routine and feeling great again. You are going to laugh when you hear my new jobs.
     Well I mentioned last time that our two boys that are 6 were attending school away from Amani daily.  But there was some incident there and the director of ABC decided to pull them out. (ANY guesses on where this is going....)  Well, since these are school age kids, not attending school, guess what? Should we call it Cottage School? With yours truly as the teacher. So Monday-Fridsy, in the mornings, I am teaching first grade. Of course there really isn't any curriculum or many books, so in my typical fashion, I am winging it. Maybe I should stay the school year........:-) :-) :-) :-)
     The afternoon has changed also, and I will share that EQUALLY exciting change in the next PST.
     But I will skip ahead to telling you that in the evening I get their PJ's on now and brush their teeth, put them in bed, and tell a story before lights out to 16 precious boys.
     AND I would like Calli, Lane, Max, Jack, Add, Lindsey and Natalie to know that none of the boys say a peep while I brush their teeth to "Twinkle twinkle little star"!
    
     A BIG shout out to my beautiful granddaughter ADDY on her 1st birthday. I love you.

     I had a piece of my heart broken today. One of my adorable little 5 year old boys (whose best friend is about to leave here adopted) asked me, "Auntie....Can I come home with you to America?"  I had to tell him, no I couldn't......he burst out crying. Well that's not really true. It was worse than that....his eyes filled with tears and he silently sat there weeping. So was my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment