Thursday, October 10, 2013

SPINNING PLATES

I woke up this morning, just thanking God for the opportunity  to be here at Amani Baby Cottage, in Uganda Africa. I am so enjoying this special time with the children. I have only been to a few orphanages in my life, so I really can't compare this to many, but I do know the children here get lots of loving, hugs, touch and care from the amazing Mamas, staff and volunteers. This is a Christian orphanage where the children learn Bible stories, songs, have the opportunity to go to church, and are taught to pray and thank God for all they have. I am humbled. Today I gave the Mamas chocolate cookies (which they call biscuits)  that I purchased in town, and they each came up to me so thankful. It just reminded me that we all have an inner desire to feel appreciated and loved. And it does not take alot to show others that what they do matters.
Why did I name the post...spinning plates? Because I remembered watching a circus performer attempting to keep many plates spinning on top of poles all at the same time......and I remembered that as I was trying to keep 6 swings all swinging at the same time, to a chorus of "Auntie Auntie". I really got a work out, doing under ducks to the bigger swings, while keeping the babies swinging in their seats.
Lord, thank you for today and all the hugs you gave me, via these precious children.

No comments:

Post a Comment