Thursday, October 24, 2013

THERES ROOM AT THE CROSS

     I have been meaning to give you a tour of the boy's cottage (ROOM) where I spend much if my time. 16 boys live here, and there are 2 identical cottages, plus a nursery, where the rest of the children stay. Their bedroom consists of multiple bunks and trundle beds. There is one wardrobe where their "smart clothes" are kept, and then bins with their names on them have their everyday clothes. Period. There is nothing else EVER in there.  The older boys help put Salim up to the top bunk. It takes everything in my nature to not step in (for fear of being dropped) but I know that long after I leave, they will be passing babies up to the top bunk.
The main room is where they play for the morning, (but go out after naps for the afternoons.) Rainy days get long if they have to be inside all day. The 3 tiered shelf on the right contain their only toys.  The little boys sit on the floor to eat, the older 6 boys pull the table out to have meals. We play ball, read books, have tickle wars and change diapers...all on the floor.
The bathroom is where they go susu and caca  as well as shower and get washed each evening before bed. I'm pretty impressed how they don't complain about getting lathered from head to toe (no baby no tears shampoo here) and scrubbed like a car wash. The younger children sit on the potty chairs several times a day, and it seems to eliminate most dirty (not wet) diapers. I'm also pretty impressed with that technique.
And this ROOM, they call home. And I'm just so grateful to God that I get to be a part of it.
This is "Auntie Cathy", over and out.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment