Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE

     I feel a little guilty writing so often, hoping I am not cluttering your inboxes with jibber jabber. But to be honest, everyday something mighty seems to happen and I am anxious to share. We volunteers had a Bible Study tonight, and I was so blessed by the different thoughts we each had. We come from so many different walks of life, and yet together we serve Amani and our mighty God.
     Well day 3 of home school went well....but I am excited to share what my afternoons have been.
     I am teaching swimming lessons!!!!! There is s hotel pool about 1/2 mile away, an easy walk with my student. The Amani children seem to be really afraid of water. It is not shocking to me, as there were so many Dominicans we knew over the years that were not comfortable in water either. So our plan here for the remaining 6 weeks that I am here is.....each Tuesdsy-Wednesday-Thursday (3:30_5:30 pm) I will take ONE child for all 3 days. My motto at home at Schroedervile pool, to achieve a successful pool lover, is FREQUENCY. My goal is to just have them enjoy water fun. Swimming to the ladder would be amazing.
     The first day 6 year old William had a death grip on me, and by the end of today, the second day, he was going down under to the bottom of the shallow part to retrieve a toy. He was impressively holding his breath pretty long.
     There are children of the long term staff that are welcome to join us as well(especially because they serve as good examples).
     So that's my confession, that I weaseled my way to a pool job:-) :-) :-)  But in reality, the staff here seems thrilled there is someone willing to do it.
     Tomorrow the activity director and volunteers  are taking Amani children on a boat ride on the Nile.
     And did I mention I changed about 40 diapers as well today?
     BUT I got over 40 kisses and hugs at bed time. Priceless.
     And I ran into one of my daughters (Emily from Hong king) friends from her moms group (in Hong Kong) who is HERE in Jinja adopting 2 children! How random is that!!!!!!. I was thinking she should just bring an extra child back to HK for Emily, and to be grandbaby #8 for us. !

No comments:

Post a Comment