Thursday, October 31, 2013

MY LITTLE BOYS

     It has been a great week. While I am beginning to miss family more, I am also content in simply going about the daily tasks here, rejoicing in the fact that God has allowed me this time here in Africa. He knew there would be days that I might be lonely, or feeling the strain of all the needs here, yet I know His timing for me here is perfect and I rejoice in all the experiences here in Jinga Africa.
     Tonight I'm introducing 4 more of the 16 boys with whom I spend most of my days. From left to right:
     Fred is one of my favorites, if I'm allowed to be honest. All that I know is he was abandoned and came to ABC at about 4 months of age. He is a natural tease and prankster. His eyes melt my heart every day. He loves loves loves to play tricks on me.
     David is also very special.  He also was abandoned and joined the ABC family at about 9 months. Like most of the children here, when they want attention they just burst into tears until someone picks them up.  David will always come running if I call him for some snuggle time.
     Wilber is rather a serious fellow. His mother died 2 weeks after delivery and his father is unable to care for him. He came to ABC at one month. It is difficult to get Wilber to laugh, and yet I find him more content than most. He also, is always up for a good snuggle.
      Godfrey was found by an unknown woman who could not talk, and came here at about 3 months. He and Simon are both struggling with potty training, and he is kind of in that difficult spot of a bit older than the younger boys in the cottage, but definitely not able to hold his own yet with the older ones. He is always talking to me, I can not always understand it tho. I am giving him a "sweetie" on days he goes susu in the toilet all day, and it is helping keep the pants dry.
      I honestly do not think any of these kids think about their circumstances or think about parents they never knew. This is totally their home and all they know.I believe they feel loved and cared for and really do not know there is a different world out there called "a family". Their Mamas, their Aunties, their brothers and sisters, are all here.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment