Tuesday, October 29, 2013

MY BIG BOYS

     By now I imagine some of you are getting more posts than your really interested in, however, I also know this is the main way I communicate with my family. So those of you not quite as interested, read what you want, glance at the pictures, and keep me in your prayers.  To those of you more interested, let me SHOW off the older boys in my cottage.
     From left to right:
     Charlie was found abandoned, and came to Amani at one month old. He is a delightful little boy. He is obedient and helpful. He loves to listen to books. Gives the best good night kisses.
     Eligah's father abandoned him, and his mother is unable to care for him. He came to ABC at 5 months old. He is so helpful in the cottage with the younger children. He is a very sensitive boy. Yesterday he scrapped his toe, and you would have thought it was had been cut off. :-) He is my swimming student this week.
     Brian's mother has died and his father is unable to care for him. He has been at ABC since he was 1 year old. When confronted with something he has done, he gets this deer in the headlights look, and completely shuts down. He loves to play with the balls I bring daily.
     Simon is the youngest in this group, I think. (never quite sure about ages).  He was abandoned by a mentally ill  person at 1.5 months. His favorite thing to say to me is "also me".:-)  He is having a hard time with potty training. Wish I had a bag of M&M's to help the process.
     Matthew was born in a hospital, transferred to a special care unit and abandoned at 9 days old. He is one of my 1st graders and was my amazing swimming student last week. He is so helpful to the mamas. Because I spend so much one on one with him, we are pretty close.
     Jonah's mother abandoned him, and an unknown lady took him to the police station at 2 weeks old. He is so so sensitive. Also very helpful and kind.
He will be my swimming student next week. Loves to snuggle.
     So, while I can't give out more information of who may or may not be in the process of adoption, or have a serious illness, I can tell you it has been a blessing and a privilege to be God's hands and feet these past weeks with these boys. And his arms to wrap them in love.
     Every day I rock all the boys, in the cottage, individually, and also do "this little piggy went to market". You can be sure all the above boys insist on their turn also for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment