Friday, November 8, 2013

ANOTHER WEEK BEING SELFISH

     This week FLEW by. I think its because I spent the whole week just being selfish. I rocked all of the boys a little longer than usual each morning, because it felt good to snuggle, I read extra books before lunch because their attentive looks warmed my soul. I  And added a new slower version to my "this little piggy " routine because I just wanted to hear them laugh longer, and I told longer than normal bedtime stories because I just didn't want the day to end. And then I sat here knitting Christmas stockings for the Schroeder kids, kind of feeling selfish. I'm not home cleaning or doing chores or taking care of my family. I'm not helping out in the church or coffee shop. I'm not making meals for any sick friends or organizing a bible study.
     And then God whispered to me....my child, your hands are my hands.  Your voice is my voice. Your presence is my presence. My hands have been stroking their backs. My voice has been calming their souls.
     It rained alot alot alot yesterday. I guess roads were washed out, but in my little world it only meant hundreds of diapers NOT drying on the line
     Got Milk?  Go to the Diary!  
     Couldn't find my shoes for awhile. Although most of the time I am barefoot anyway.
     Had an outing for icecream today. I REALLY enjoyed it......(and I think the kids did too:-) :-) :-) :-))
     Practicing up for story time when I see the grandkids later this month!!!!!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment