Tuesday, November 5, 2013

MY LITTLEST 6

     Let me introduce the last of my 16 Cottage A boys.  From left to right in the first picture:
     Noah was abandoned by his mother who has a mental illness. He came to ABC at 2 months.  I think because he is the youngest in the cottage, and alot of my activities are more focused with the older boys, I seem to not spend as much time with him, as others. But because he seems to be a volunteer favorite, he does get plenty of attention.
     Salim, also a volunteer favorite (and carried around too much if you ask me), was given up by his parents who are unable to care for him. He was brought malnourished at one year old. Again, he isn't one I spend a whole lot of time with.
     Joel has a similar situation, brought in by parents who could not care for him, and he was malnourished, although now, appears really healthy and active. Joel, like Freddy, likes to play jokes on me, and can often be found as my side kick.
     Phillip was born 2 months premature with Cerebral Palsy, and his mother died in childbirth. His father is also no longer living. I spend quite a bit of time with Phillip, as I try to do stretching exercises with him daily (as explained by his physical therapist). He has an ear piercing scream when he chooses to use it, but most of the time is pretty fun to be with.
     Patrick's mother, who is suspected to be mentally ill, is unable to care for him, and brought him to Amani at one year. He is kind of a quiet kid, plays by himself well, and doesn't seem to cause the common problems...grabbing toys away, biting, crying for attention, etc.
     Keith is a hard kid to get to smile. I have to work hard to get him to laugh. He was brought to ABC by his great grandfather who could not care for him, at 1 1/2 years old. I enjoy spending 1 on 1 time with him. He's sober, but doesn't really seem as unhappy as his face looks. He loves to prop his head up when i do story time. I will try to see if I have a picture of that pose.
     Tomorrow I'm going to make a list of some of the things these kids have NO CLUE about.
     What they do KNOW, is Auntie Cathy will be back tomorrow morning to love on them again.:-) :-) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment