Friday, November 22, 2013

LAST DAY AT AMANI

     Tears, hugs, tears, chocolate cake, tears, warm embraces, tears, gifts FROM mamas to me, more tears, laughter, reflections, praises, prayers and tears.
      The main mamas from my cottage spent most of the afternoon writing down bible verses for me that were from their heart to mine. My devotions for the next days will bring sweet melody to my heart.
     I picked up a painting painted just for me. How special is that? Check out the lady in the painting. And the dresses are little pillow case dresses!
     Left Amani early Thursday morning with preschool Auntie Mary AND the bestest  two 1st grade students (Matthew and William). We drove to Entebbe, had a picnic lunch, and took an hour SPEED boat ride to Chimpanzee Island. (Priceless...watching the smiles on the boys as they were speeding along!). Spent the afternoon observing orphan chimps of all ages, speed boat ride back, dinner AND icecream dessert on the BEACH of Lake Victoria.........
      And then a difficult goodbye.
      Amani, my heart is both breaking and bursting with joy. Who knew that could be possible.
      THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO ENCOURAGED ME, PRAYED FOR ME , FOLLOWED ALONG WITH ME ON THIS ADVENTURE, AND LOVED ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment