Sunday, November 3, 2013

ONCE IN A LIFETIME

     For those of you who know me well, except for the Dominican Republic and visiting family, I prefer not to repeat returning to the same place. I see that there is a big world out there...adventures and wonders galore!  So to be honest, although I love love love it here, I cannot say, in all honesty, that i will be back. Being here are Amani Baby Cottage MAY be a once in a lifetime experience. I will have to see where God leads me next.
     BUT I do KNOW I experienced a once in MY lifetime event yesterday, by watching a total solar eclipse here in Africa. Word has it over 30,000 people came to Africa just to view it. And here I already was!
      And while maybe they had special equipment and scientists to explain each step....
      I had 16 of my sweetest friends in Africa with me, xray film to view through, and a view overlooking the Nile. Does life get better than this? I think not. And I won't even lie.....drinking a Fanta afterwards was like icing on the cake.

1 comment:

  1. WOW- what an AMAZING time you are having!!! Your photos tell the story so well and I love the voice in your writing. I know you have so much to offer these kids and are helping to fill their days with sweet memories. Enjoy your final weeks in Africa. Love, Christine in Hong Kong

    ReplyDelete