Saturday, November 9, 2013

COUNT DOWN TO HOME

     I know it sounded like I was going to be gone a long time when I first talked about coming, but now that there is LESS than 2 weeks, I'm starting to get anxiety about leaving. Of course I am super excited to come home and see Bob and the kids, but I do want to press the slow mo button and enjoy every moment of the rest of my time here.
     For those of you following, I'm probably going to post a picture most every day because suddenly I feel an urgency to record these moments slipping by. So if you want to stop following now, its probably going to get boring, as its pretty much the same old same old. But oh how I have come to treasure the repitition and routine. Because the children thrive on it.
     What these kids have no clue about;
     They don't know what a bath tub is, nor do they know they have any choice but to sit and get a car wash scrub down each evening before bed.
     They don't know what a pillow, rug or fork is.
     They have never received a gift just for them, Christmas means the "cottage" gets a gift.
      The only posessions they consider their own are their PJ's, their 4 sets of clothes (underwear is a shared bin) one set of shoes and their bed.
     
      What these precious kids DO know is:
       Aunt Cathy comes in every morning and rocks each one individually, regardless of age, and now they sing with me, and line up for their turn.
       I do "this little piggy" with each 42 diaper changes a day, ( and 6 older boys when they are in bed with jammies on) and today the older boys said they had to learn, so they could do it when i left.(yes, the 5 year old can and do change diapers when needed)
      They do know I will read books every day, and ALWAYS, "We are going on a Bear Hunt", which is becoming more and more dramatic as the days go by. I have got to get that on video, as they each have a role in the story now.
       They do know Auntie Cathy worked very hard all morning pouring boiling water in every wooden bed crack in the cottage to get rid of the ladybugs. (Bed bugs)Then mopping up water and hundreds of dead bugs.
      And they do know I love them very much.
       And that kind of out weighs not knowing what a fork is...don't you think?
      Frank (not in my cottage) was sick tonight and the nurse was gone, so they asked me to watch him for awhile. What a hard job:-) :-) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment