Tuesday, November 19, 2013

REFLECTIONS PART 1

                                                                  GOD IS MY REFUGE AND STRENGTH.     PSALM 46:1
      I am trying to not think about leaving, but Mama Grace caught me just lingering longer at lunch time and said..."I can see the sadness in your eyes as you watch the boys."
     But the hours are getting fewer while the hugs get longer and sweeter.
     In the 8 weeks I have been here, I estimate:
    
     I have done rock-a-bye-baby 1280 times to loud squeals as they are swung down as the bow breaks, twice every morning. (The last person gets it 3 times to avoid pushing and shoving)
      I have brought 40 rubber balls to the room, one each morning to start our morning play with...until they start crying and grabbing balls from each other. This morning I counted 7 in our room, the others probably swiped by other cottages or hiding in bushes. 
     I have read over 200 books, PLUS "Going on a Bear Hunt" over 60 times, some days twice a day....to a dramatic interpretation with sound effects. I have already ordered my own copy from Amazon, as it is my new favorite book.
     I have taken about 40 cold showers.
     I have changed about 1300 diapers and done equal number of "this little piggy" at each change.
     I have stuffed over 2000 diapers.
     I have taken about 20 boda boda rides.
     I have taught 2 little boys how to sound out 3 letter words. Great progress!
     I have give hugs and kisses......too numerous to count.

No comments:

Post a Comment